Below is a list of our frequently asked questions. Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at Sierra Boat and RV Storage.
1. Question: What size units do you have?
Answer: Our heated units come in 15x30, 15x40, 15x5, and 15x70 (sizes are approximate).
2. Question: Do you require insurance on my boat or RV?
Answer: You are responsible for the things you are storing at Sierra Boat and Storage and insurance for your stored belongings is also your responsibility. You may be covered under an insurance policy you already have. Check with your insurance agent to be sure. Affordable storage insurance is available through most carriers.
3. Question: How big are the door openings?
Answer: The door openings are 12 feet wide and 14 feet tall.
4. Question: What amenities are available in your units?
Answer: All the units are heated, have an automatic garage door opener, door alarms, and a 30 amp electrical outlet. We also offer the free use of a dump station at our Comstock sites: Comstock RV Park and Storage and Comstock Boat and RV Storage.
5. Question: What is the driveway width between the buildings?
Answer: The driveway width is 90 feet.
6. Question: How can I make a payment on my unit?
Answer: Payments can be processed by mail, in person or through our website. You can also setup your account for monthly automatic bill pay via your credit card.
7. Question: Do you have outdoor storage for boats, RVs and other vehicles?
Answer: We don’t offer outside storage at this facility. Our Comstock RV Park and Storage and Comstock Boat and RV Storage locations have outside boat storage, RV storage, trailer storage and commercial vehicle storage available.
8. Question: What type of documentation do I need to rent a storage unit?
Answer: A valid driver’s license with picture. Vehicle registration and proof of insurance for each vehicle being stored.
9. Question: Where are you located?
Answer: We are located about seven miles east of Carson City and 30 miles from Lake Tahoe.
10. Question: Why should I store my boat or RV inside?
Answer: Leaving your boat or RV inside protects it from the sun and UV damage and the harmful effects of rain, wind, and freezing temperatures. This helps to save the exterior from streaks and cracking on the clear coat. We also keep the unit heated to keep your RV in a ready to use condition at all times.